A list on how to try to get over them:
1. Cry it out as much as you can. It’s good for you. Let it all out while you can.
2. Keep in mind that this is temporary and that time can heal. However, if you’re not a believer in time being able to heal, then keep in mind that time inevitably replaces old memories with new ones.
3. You are better without them. Much better without them. When you start believing that you need someone else in order to function, that’s when you’ve lost yourself in someone else.
4. This probably may not your first devastating loss, but it is definitely not your last one either. There are more to come. This is a bit discouraging to hear, but you have to understand that you can’t avoid loss. You will continue to lose over and over again, but it is more about how you handle yourself and maintain composure in the midst of a loss.
5. Sometimes you’ve just got to fake it until you make it. Cry when you need to, but remember that the energy you have is the energy that also affects other people. Don’t drown yourself in sadness or romanticize it. Keep your head up, but don’t be afraid to ask for the sympathy of others whenever you need it.
6. Blast those fucking break up jams or hardcore rap and instantly repair your ego.
7. Surround yourself with the people that know you deserve so much better than them and that you can get through this with their support.
8. Don’t keep in touch with them. Don’t check their social networks. Cleanse them out of your life. They say it takes 3 months of absolutely no communication to be able to let go and forgive. With that being said, it’s going to be the most painful 3 months of your life, but it’ll work to your advantage in the long run.
9. Don’t grow bitter. The last thing you want to do is shut the rest of the world out and reject future opportunities with someone that could treat you way better than they ever did.
10. Don’t find “quick fixes” to ease the pain. That swig of vodka or that temporary high won’t make you forget them forever. Learn to love again. Love is a losing game, but you always have to get back in it. I’m not saying have another relationship instantly, but learn to open up again.